Well, I wish I had definite information about ANYthing these days. What's happened and why?
The Facilities Director/AVP, Bronson Dorsey has left the college. There were issues surrounding EVC building 2 and cost overruns...absolutely no impropriety here, but the project is over budget. I am sorry to see him go as he has been very supportive of us. Current facilities issues include:
-SAC floorplans are back to the drawing board and aren't good yet...big steps backwards and we're trying to recoup...not square footage but arrangement...no timeline yet
-EVC is not clear...the project overruns may have an impact on our last project, but we don't know...we're working on it
-RGC -nothing new
-CYP - we're down to 8,450 square feet from the original 9,100 proposed...still the largest space and in the new building...things look good right now...
-Emerson - no news....no one is talking about a great deal
-San Marcos - all I know is what I read in the paper and my guess is you read it to...a gift of 30+ acres to us and possibly the proviso that we build on it within two years....more discussion after I hear more
-Round Rock - Leslie and I are working on a document on what we need. Although it was announced in a meeting that courses had been decided on, no one has responded to either Richard or me about what courses they ARE....we're working on it...
On a community note...we still need volunteers at the Book Festival..please consider doing so...and to the www.texasbookfestival.org and sign up...great authors this year
Monday, October 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment